Wednesday, September 25, 2019

BODY SHAMING

BODY SHAMING


An out of my box topic,it might seem really a bit weird.But it's high time we start talking about it.
                     
                  


Well I don't wanna make my blog so preachy,yet I am so focussed  to bring into notice and discussion over the real time problems of women and children.Infact mothers,homemakers,women whatsoever will have children or even themselves facing such a kinda problems.Let's here address those unaddressed,so called simple issues which could be degrading,emotionally weakening,sometimes frustrating too.


                   


THOUGH it all sounds so gigantic it's the real sickness of the society.I felt myself responsible to tell this to the mom,the child and you all. 

Now,let me tell you why I felt so important to address this topic and bring it to your notice is because a friend of mine called me on a very low note saying thet her extra intelligent,smart,bookish,topper,all rounder,beautiful daughter was constantly body shamed at the school for being simply "too fat".She was into a dance class at her school where she has been teased with a hint that being fat she is not fit to be in a dance class.Hope this was the most annoying thing I could have heard in the last few years.The child had been constantly worrying about this felt small,low and shameful about her in spite of all her achievements.Slowly she had started to show up low in her performance.How rude that could be on her....The child had felt it as her BIGGEST mistake.

                  
                          


    




Could this be simply be thrown as a blame on the young kids at school or plainly their hopeless brought up or the society where they live in.I don't wanna be judgemental.My answer to my worried friend was telling her to please motivate the child,love HERSELF  as what she is and whatever her size,skin tone,looks,height is,nothing she is responsible for.I quoted her few examples of people,especially woman who have just gracefully won these kinda stigmatic issues just by winning in their life in whatever field they were.I told her to ask her child to just ignore such comments and ridicule,when at some point the ones doing it get bored off.That I thought would be the best slipper shot to them.I told her I would grab a chance of talking with her child.
        
                             







I ended my conversation with her saying,the people I quoted as examples for winning beyond body shaming, "ONCE THEY WON,NOBODY TALKED ABOUT WHAT SIZE THEY WERE OR THEIR LOOKS,THEY ONLY TALKED ABOUT THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS,ASK HER TO ACHIEVE".O MY VERY DEAR FRIENDS THIS IS WHAT I KNEW and I conveyed it to her.
                       




When it comes on a note for you to stick on to good health or to help you out with your health issues,then it's a completely different topic.It is so sickenening to keep on listening to body shaming comments,but build up the self confidence of your child or rather even yourself which I think would be the best way to fight body shaming.
              
                          


 Friends,nobody in this world can make you feel better than you and it's the "ONLY YOU".
Friends I think all of your'll would in one point of time been in such a situation,please do share that with me and all my blog viewers the comment section below.Let's bring a welcoming change..........
Women and homemakers could do more than what they are doing now in their lives.They could change this world better.
Bye ..........And will get back to you with something good to read.....




No comments:

Post a Comment